Monday, August 13, 2012

Better Make It Through Today…

In my previous post I mentioned my tarot card reading. I realize that generalities can be applied to specifics in everything we do or say, coincidence or not. If we hear or see something we can make it “fit” to a situation or occurrence in our own lives.
One of the things we talked about was living for the moment. I should try to live for today instead of always planning or waiting for the future. That as long as I woke up in the morning, I had today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.  I’m working towards the understanding of this fact.
I have always been a planner, motivator, caretaker who works very hard to stay out of the way of pain or harm. I tried to protect myself and my children from meanness and hurtfulness. I sometimes think that I have done us all a bit of disservice; it’s not possible to have someone take care of you or protect you all the time. This is something that you need to learn on your own. If you don’t learn to deal with mean or unfriendly people, you can be easily taken advantage of. By the same principle, if you depend on others for your happiness, you are more likely to be really disappointed.
I have discovered that I don’t need to take care of anyone but myself and my kids. I don’t want or need someone to take care of me; I am stronger and more resilient than I believed. I am in a period of regrowth and it’s about time. I will continue to learn to count the blessings that I have and let tomorrow come, without worry or self-doubt. There are those who will be on this ride of life with me, I welcome them with open arms. There are those who won’t and it’s ok; we are on different paths.
Life is what you make it, good or bad. Whether you have many or few, people who love and care about you, who are real and honest, are the most valuable assets you have. The number doesn’t matter as long as you are aware of who you can count on and trust.
We have all had our share of troubles, everyone does. It’s better to make it through today, hope for tomorrow and live a life you like…With love…

No comments:

Post a Comment