Friday, August 3, 2012

What’s Been Going On…

I’m expanding my horizons. I’m trying out some new things.  Guitar playing, (using the term playing rather loosely here,) cooking a little more adventurously, reading new things, (other than guilty-pleasure fiction,) exercising more, eating less, expanding and embracing relationships that I am enjoying, releasing and getting over the ones that I’m not. I’m not trying to set hard and fast rules to live by here, just trying to work on what’s best for me. I am feeling a little more peace every single day. We are all works in progress.
My relationships are changing, some are growing and some are not. The ones that are growing feel comfortable and easy, like the progressive pattern it should be. The ones that aren’t are getting easier to let go of; I can’t save anyone but myself.  I’m sad, especially when I have tried what feels like every single thing and still it doesn’t work out. It takes more than one person to have a relationship. Sometimes, you don’t even realize when you are out, or if you do, you ignore it in the hopes that this too shall pass. There are those in my life that depend that someone else will take care of the problem or issue. It’s time to stand on your own two feet.
The bottom line is that I’m living a life for me. It doesn’t mean that I’m not content with the many gifts I have been given. I used to see things very rigidly, black and white, cut and dry. Inflexibility wasn’t working; I had to find a happy medium. Expanding your heart and mind to let things in and out is what we should be doing. This will help us feel a measure of success, a bit of happiness, and some peace.
What’s been going on with you? Are you taking good care of yourself? Are you expanding your interests, trying new things? Fear is something that can hold you back from doing what you want to. It’s time to let go of the fear and embrace the goodness that you can feel with your eyes wide open. I am who I am, inside and out, growing and learning every day. You’ll find self-acceptance is what is most important to live a full, productive life.
Someday you might find me, sitting in my favorite bar, playing my guitar (HA!) or at the very least, listening to someone sing my words. I’ll have stars in my eyes and freedom in my heart. I’m a dreamer working on living in the present. Dream a little dream for yourself once in a while, if you’re lucky, it just might come true…With love…

No comments:

Post a Comment