Friday, July 20, 2012

Give Peace A Chance…

I am horrified. I am scared. I am very sad. What’s going on? What’s our world coming to? Our children are not safe on the streets. They can’t play outside without the danger of abduction or a stray, whizzing bullet in a drive-by. We have to be mindful and on high alert, it seems, all the time now. You can’t let your guard down? You might have someone who has lost their mind, come to your job, school, and now the movie theater armed and ready to take you down.
I can’t think of anything positive to say to turn this type of reality around. Maybe I’m not supposed to turn it around? Maybe I’m supposed to be reminded that no matter what there are always going to be those with a hateful, disturbed mind and heart? Man, I hate that.
Be mindful and cautious when you are traveling unfamiliar territory, physically or mentally. If you need a friend to help you get through a rough patch, find one, use their shoulder to cry or laugh on. Take care of your mental wellbeing. Continue focusing on your strengths and strengthening your weaknesses.
Say a prayer, to whatever higher power you believe in, that we all remember to always give peace a chance…With love…

No comments:

Post a Comment