Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Good Day Sunshine…

There have been studies over the last several years about how sunshine and the weather affect our mood. We are experiencing a true summer in Chicago. We have had many days that are hot, sticky, lots of bright sunshine, with temperatures over the 90s and 100s.
Personally, I find myself much happier about my day, warm or cold, when the sun is shining. I feel a bit of pep in my step with the warmth on my skin. I welcome the rain and the snow because our plants and flowers need it to grow. But when the sun is shining and the day is bright, it really has a positive effect on how I feel. I want to be out in the sunshine, enjoying the day.
Try to look at the bright side, your internal sunshine. It’s difficult at times to remember to do that, but the outlook of things to come can be elevated to another level. Positive, productive levels that will make you feel better and help your decision making. You will look at the world around you with eyes wide open, a brighter, better place where you can make a life worth living. It takes some work, but it’s worth it in the end.
In the meantime, when you have a chance, if the sun is shining, get out there and enjoy it. Bask in the warmth of the sun…it will lift your spirits…With love…

No comments:

Post a Comment